Open letter to Justin Trudeau, General Motors and Unifor Canada @UniforTheUnion


A few hours ago I have read in the news about the change that General Motors intends to make since it moved Mexico's production to the United States, that is, to fire 600 Canadian employees and move production to Mexico, which seems to me cold, Insensitive and incongruous, and therefore, despicable. I do not want that, and I would be embarrassed to receive a job at the expense of 600 innocent people caused by fear of executives before a bully like Donald Trump.

Mr. Trudeau, you said days ago that Mexico is a friendly country, but you preferred to go with Trump, as a leader that you are, and for your people, I understand, but as a human being, no, and I feel very sad about that. I know you were a teacher, you must have studied Universal History, and you know that the decisions of great leaders move and change the history. Mr. Prime Minister, change the history, be a leader, be an inspiration, and in the future you will be a pride for your country.

For General Motors executives, thank you for the proposal, but under the terms you are proposing, it is not healthy and fair, you have made rash decisions, just like Carrier, Chrysler and Ford, and you must face the consequences. Mexico would appreciate the work, I know, we are qualified, we want to work, we need to live and eat, but at the expense of other people's well-being, no we don't. Give us that work due our ability, our effort, for wise and just decisions, not for decisions guided by fear of reprisals from those who are not in a position to undertake them, even if it is the most powerful man in the world.

As for renegotiating NAFTA or leaving it, I would choose to renew it, not to destroy all the achievements made in the north of our continent, although that is not my decision, nor am I to impose my opinion, but I am part of what is included in that treaty, because I have produced and worked for companies in my hometown, one of them Bombardier, which is a Canadian company, and I have seen products from that great company that I am grateful to have offered me work before.

To the members of Unifor, my respect, my greatest admiration. You work for your families and your country, build and achieve together a better country, keep your strength, and hope that the General Motors company finds a better option without damage the incomings of you or mexican workers. There must be an option, I know.

Ladies and gentlemen ... I am Mexican, proud of my race and my people, that despite everything what has suffered, is full of good men and women, many of us have been in very difficult situations, and we still have faith and confidence in a better future. I hope you can do the same.

I give you an option: Keep intact your dignity, your nationality and your humanity. Although companies, institutions, and unions are cold, their members are all human beings, who despite their skin color, religion, sex or social status all them have red blood and a heart beating in the center of their chests. No one is different from others under the skin, and the only thing that limits us even more than a wall, are our prejudices and fears, we can not be guided by that, but by wisdom, congruence and good judgment.

This is my little letter, I hope it reaches your hands and you can receive the strength to face the challenges of the future, and that this future is more promising than the one we are seeing today. If we have been able to do it before, we can do it now.


Luis Miguel Mora Ramírez

Comentarios

Entradas populares